19.9.12

This Eames chair. Is. Finally. Mine.


And yes, it's AUTHENTIC!

I was apprehensive about taking the leap and purchasing my most favourite chair ever. Every which way you look, there's a fake Eames chair on showroom floors with a very attractive price tag. It was tempting but I chose to stick it out and wait until I could afford the real deal. I have an immense amount of respect for these designers and I won't support people ripping off beautiful, timeless designs.

I also bought three side chairs for the dining table. I actually ended up waiting about 16 weeks for them to show up on my door step because in true Kristin fashion, I HAD to have the walnut and they weren't quite available in Australia yet.

There's a documentary about the husband & wife design team, and it looks like a good watch; Eames: The Architect and the Painter.





No comments:

Post a Comment